Custom Connecticut Community College Course Search Web Page
This page describes a custom version of the Course Search web page:
Custom Course Search
which can be used in place of the version provided by the system office:
CCC Course Search
A more specific custom version with math, physics, engineering and various computer technology subjects preselected can be found here:
Custom Course Search Technical
As can be seen below, the custom version (second screen shot) improves upon the system office version (first screen shot) in several ways:
System Office Version
- Term and College selection boxes are fully expanded, making it easier to select different semesters and colleges.
- Historical Term data is provided back to Fall 2000.
- Manchester Community College is pre-selected.
- Related Instruction Types / Modes are grouped together.
- "Clear Subjects" button has been added.
- Layout fits within displays having vertical resolutions of only 768 lines, which are typical for inexpensive laptops. No vertical page scrolling required.
- Page elements are aligned to provide a neater and easier to read interface.
- Color is used to aid in locating different sections of the web page.
- Chrome, Firefox, iPad and IE 6, 7, and 8 are supported.
Custom Version (PC)
Custom Version (iPad)
It's possible that the subject list may be missing a few subjects which have been recently added to the CCC system.
The custom version of the Course Search web page is manually created - the list of subjects is static and is therefore only updated on an occasional basis.
However, the system office version of the Course Search web page is dynamically created and will always have the most current list of subjects.
If you find that a subject is missing, please notify me at .
As an alternative to accessing the custom Course Search web page via the Internet, it is possible to download and store a local copy of the web page on your desktop or laptop computer.
Accessing a locally stored copy of the course search web page speeds up the process of conducting a search.
A locally stored version also has the added advantage of allowing one to preselect subjects which are of recurring interest.
An example of a version of the custom course search web page with ten technical subjects pre-selected, which I also store locally on my desktop, can be found here:
Course Search - Technical
As with the online version, the same caveat applies.
Occasionally the system office will remove old subject areas from and add new subject areas to the list of subjects.
If the html file stored locally is not updated on a regular basis, then the subject list may be missing subjects or contain discontinued subjects.
It is the responsibility of the user to periodically check to see whether the subject list has changed and update the locally stored html file accordingly.
Download the following zip file which contains a single .htm file and several css files.
Unzip all of the files into a single folder located somewhere on your hard drive, such as the desktop or My Documents.
Load the .htm file into your browser and bookmark it for future reference. If you move the folder containing the files, you will need to recreate the bookmark.